Mittwoch, 8. Oktober 2014

[Postcrossing] Russia - the paintings of Konstantin Makovsky


I got only 3 cards of Russia- ever. And two of them are from the same artist. One I received 2009 and the other one, a few days ago. Another thing special is the stamp. The stamp of the Russian card in 2009 shows nearly the same photo like the card in 2014. And also the little stamps are of the same kind, even as today Russia uses normally the new animal stamps. It is like the sender knew, that I will receive this card in future.








Isn't it amazing that this stamp looks like the second card, which I got 5 years later from another random person?






 I am in love with Russian stamps. To be honest, I like animals but the stamps of architecture are a little bit more special to me. I always think about a collection of architecture stamps, but as there are so many, I think that would be impossible.

The artist of the two postcards is  Konstantin Makovsky (1839-1915), he seems to be very known in Russia for his talent to paint the Russian life in high detailed art. His paintings always seems to be a little bit dreamily and affirmative.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen