Sonntag, 19. Oktober 2014

[Sunday Stamps] Harvest/ country life/ autumn



Today is Sunday and the topic of Sunday Stamps is harvest, country life and autumn.

It was very easy to find some stamps in my little collection of the GDR. In the GDR, agriculture was a big piece of life. The GDR tried to produce everything in their own country. My family lived in a little village and so they worked also in the field of agriculture, more or less. It was normal that in autumn everyone was helping with the harvest -even they worked normally in other jobs. My mother always told me how she was helping to collect potatoes after school in this time and in the end of the day everyone was participating in a potato-fire where they were sitting around a little fire and grilling some potatoes.

The GDR issued  a lot of country life stamps.These are my favorites:


This stamp connects harvest and art. It is a painting of Egger Lienz in 1907. 



Agriculture and cows. 


If someone has problems with following my blog, it's because I changed the address a little bit. Now you can find me with exploringstampsandcards.blogspot.com. I thought it is a good idea to change the address because this blog is now more about stamps and cards than anything else.

8 Kommentare:

  1. I hadn't seen either of these stamps before, nice choices for the theme.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Those are quite different, but both are good choices for the agriculture theme.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Happy to be able of reading yo again, now I understand.
    I like a lot your choice. Now I realise I have A LOT of stamps of cows, due to my project of mail art (http://vachequiritpostalproject.blogspot.com/). But I didn't connect to the theme at first!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. In our little village we have also a farm with cows for production of milk. As a child I was always very curious to see the little cows. A farm is not a zoo, so I could not go whenever I want. But I was always happy when I have had the possibility.
      Whenever I think of country-life I think for a farm with cows, who looks like this farm of my village. :D
      Great postal project. I have to look if there is also the laughing cow in Austria. Really, I have no idea.

      Löschen
    2. Thanks. I don't know for Austria.

      Löschen
  4. I haven't seen many stamps from the GDR, so thanks for showing us these.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. A nice contrast of old and new methods of farming. I hadn't heard of Lienz (thanks for the link) what a powerful painter.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I like them both but the one that shows workers in a field appeals to me most. Art is one of my favourite themes for postcards.

    AntwortenLöschen