Sonntag, 28. September 2014

[Sunday Stamps] Childhood Memories

Today is Sunday. Time for showing some interesting stamps. Today is a free choice and I would like to show you my all time favorite stamps. 



This is a yellow rose and was released for the international fair of roses in the GDR 1972. This stamp is a very special stamp for me. This stamp is the beginning of my collection and my love for stamps. I was a child of 10 years when I saw it. Between all the other old stamps of my grandfather, showing boring history or architecture (in the eyes of a child), this stamp caught immediately my attention. Colorful and bright- I was impressed of the beautiful flower. As my mother is a florist, the love for nature is natural in our family. As a child I visited also some fairs with her. 




Austria has had different common stamps of really beautiful plants. I like the most the 4 Cent stamp of a dandelion. It is my favorite stamp ever. Every little piece of this plant is shown in great detail -almost perfect. The artist arranged photos of real plants. It shows the fragile beauty of a very simple and lovely plant. Also this plant is connected with some beautiful memories of childhood. Like a lot of other children, I loved to play with this flower in the wind.


6 Kommentare:

  1. Great dandelion stamp but I wish they didn't grow in my lawn.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The rose is very pretty, and how nice that it has a personal significance for you.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. As an adult I don't like dandelions either - in our yard. Otherwise, a very pretty stamp. thank you for joining in this week.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. How wonderful you remember the stamp that started your collection, and such a pretty stamp. How appropriate that the yellow rose can symbolise friendship (all those letter bearing stamps) and also new beginnings.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. The rose stamp reminds me of some we have had in the U. S. There are so many rose stamps from different countries that one could easily make a collection of only rose stamps.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I can see why the rose stamp could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship with stamps. I don't remember what started my interest.

    AntwortenLöschen