Sonntag, 21. September 2014

[Sunday stamps] Mammals




I have chosen some stamps from Russia and the German Democratic Republic. I have also a stamp from Austria, with a panda...but there are no pandas in Austria, just in the zoo. But the zoo is famous for their pandas and so it happened that Austria has a stamp of a panda. I will show it another day. I like it more, when there are shown animals which you can really find in the country.  
As you can see on the postmark, the Russian stamps are very little. I like little stamps for postcards because you can put many on the card. The Austrian stamps are always very big, there is no chance to stick more than 1 or 2 on the card. 



I love the stamp with the squirrels. They are my favorite animals. I know a special place in the forest where are a lot of cute squirrels and they are not shy! I take always some nuts with me when I visit them. They are so friendly and sometimes a brave squirrel climb up to my knees to get the nuts in my hands. I am so in love with them. 




It is not a big mammal, but it has the biggest place in my heart.


8 Kommentare:

  1. Small stamps are useful for 'make up' postage so the Russians are lucky to be able to combine both small and large on a postcard. Our red squirrels are shy but the cheeky grey ones are usually seen in parks and will do anything for something tasty to eat.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Who could overlook the Russian bear? I haven't seen a red squirrel for years, but the greys seem to be everywhere.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thank you for joining us this week. In the USA gray squirrels are the common ones. I confess I do not like squirrels.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I also like the smaller sized stamps so that I can put more on a postcard. I was desperate to see a red squirrel when I was in Scotland last month - no luck, sadly. I don't think I've seen any squirrels on stamps before.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. The Russian stamps are part of a large definitive series, of which I have also 11: http://worldcometomyhome.blogspot.ro/2011/12/0060-russia-saint-petersburg-cathedral.html#more

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Thank you for your comments.
    Here in Austria we have mostly red and black squirrels. I never saw a grey one.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. i am so jealous of that story with the squirrels :)

    AntwortenLöschen